Sunday, December 12, 2010

Music Soothes the Savage Beasts

Sunday morning.  All beasties loaded in the car.  Much weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth. 

"I want the carputer!" 
"No, it's my turn!" 
"I want those sticks!  They're MINE!" 
"No, the orange ones are MINE!" 
"I can't buckle my seatbeeeelllltttt!"
"Waaghagbanbgglgha Josh ahdsoghasdjkhg Daddy!"

There was enough noise in the car for 30 kids, not just three. 

And then a beautiful Cambridge Choir rendition of "Angels We Have Heard On High" came on the radio.

Silence.  Beautiful, blissful, Christmas miracle silence.

They were enraptured as the music played, quietly watching the white, Christmassey scenery go by.

Music really does sooth the savage beasts.

2 comments:

ElRay M Roper said...

Isn't music about the birth of our Savior wonderful. Glad my grandsons recognize the wonder.

Kevin R. said...

Good thing "Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer" or "The Night Santa Went Crazy" didn't come on the radio.

Or "Sleigh Ride" by Julian Andrews
or "Christmas at Ground Zero"
or......

Ahhh, Christmas memories.