Apparently it's hard, even when you're seven years old (especially you're seven years old), to admit that your mother just might know something a little more than you do about certain things.
Like how to do first grade math word problems. And the fact that 5+4 most certainly does NOT equal 12, no matter how much you want it to so that you can go downstairs and play on Grandpa's iPad.
This resulted in a 20 minute tantrum over math homework today. About 10 minutes in I finally told him that if he wanted to get it wrong, that was fine, I was done arguing.
Apparently it's hard, even when you're seven years old and really want to play on Grandpa's iPad, to leave an incorrect answer on your math homework. Even if you won't ever admit in a million years that it's wrong. Not that you'll fix it right then. No, first you have to cry and whine for another 10 minutes and then fix the math problem and then give your mother the cold shoulder and the evil eye as you put all your schoolwork away.
Sometimes it's really hard to be the mother of a seven year old.
***********
This week I've been experimenting with Alton Brown recipes. I love Alton Brown and Good Eats. They are most awesome.
Tonight I decided to make his Coconut Shrimp with Peanut Sauce. I even bought a real coconut! (Tres exciting.) My dad offered to open it for me.
But once we opened it we realized it had gone bad. (Tres disappointing.)
Fortunately, I've been having pregnancy brain lately and keep buying shredded coconut at the store. (Why? I keep thinking we've run out. Not that we use it a lot, but whatever.) I have three bags of it in the freezer. When I was pregnant with Cole I did the same thing with cornstarch. With Josh it was canned tomatoes. I don't remember what it was with Spencer, but I'm sure I did it.
Anywho, we still had some coconut and the shrimp still turned out to be pretty darn good eats.
************
I have decided there's no such thing as maternity pants that actually stay up. Well, maternity pants that are okay to wear out of the house. I have some pajamas and yoga pants that actually stay up, but other to Wal-Mart I'm not wearing them in public.
We have computers the size of a deck of cards, we've walked on the moon, and awesome shows like Big Band Theory. And yet no one has invented maternity pants that I don't have to hike up every time I move. Something's wrong here.
************
Cole decided it would be a good idea to pour his juice into the hood of my coat today while shopping at Target. (My coat was on the side of the cart.) I was not pleased with the punk.
However, I was pleased with scoring a rather large Dinosaur Train T-Rex toy for only $8.50 in the clearance aisle. I think he will make his appearance around the time this baby girl does.
Also, ask Josh about carnivores, herbivores, and omnivores. You'll be in for a very interesting and cute conversation.
3 comments:
The solution to the pants dilemna: suspenders! If firefighters and potbellied men have used them successfully for 100 years, it is time for maternity clothes to give them a go.
If you haven't tried these yet. I LOVE the jeans from Motherhood Maternity, Secret Fit Belly™ Super Stretch Boot Cut Maternity Jeans.
http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=955400050&MasterCategory_Id=MC6
I was lucky enough to find a pair at Once Upon a Child and my SIL let me borrow another pair. So, I didn't have to pay full price, but I think they are totally worth it! The band it super stretchy and keeps the pants up and the jeans themselves have stretch to them, so they are still comfy when you have to bend (well as comfy as you can feel when you are bending with a basketball attached to your stomach).
Have you tried Alton's pizza pizza? It's the best.
Post a Comment