Last Friday was Grandma Susie's birthday, and since she and Grandpa ElRay were here to help with the kiddos we got to celebrate with them.
Okay, we weren't the party animals we normally are. (Something to do with all the major surgery and lack of sleep we had been experiencing, I suspect...)
But we did have cake and ice cream and a few presents, and you don't need much more than that for a birthday party, right?
I commissioned my oh-so-talented friend Heidi to make Susie a surprise birthday cake, and she did not disappoint.
Oh man, chocolate raspberry, three layers, sour cream chocolate frosting, fresh berries... And doesn't it look great on my red cake platter?
Even Tess was highly impressed.
Is it any wonder Grandpa and I each had a piece for breakfast the next morning? (Don't judge...)
Here's the birthday girl with the recently birthed girl!
And Josh and Spencer were more than willing to help her blow out the birthday candle.
(No, we don't normally use garbage bags for a table cloth. We had been dying Easter eggs.)
1 comment:
I was wondering about the black plastic table cloth. :) Now I need cake! Beautiful.
Post a Comment