Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Book Recommendations

Remember this post?  I find myself once again in need of some book recommendations for when I start nursing this baby.  You guys were so great and spot on with your suggestions last time, I can't wait to see what you recommend now.  So...

What books would you recommend for a weary momma with a hungry newborn?

p.s.  I'm thinking my Kindle will become my very best nursing friend very soon.  I lurve my Kindle.

7 comments:

ElRay M Roper said...

Right now I'm reading 'Team of Rivals' by Doris Kearns Goodwin. Very good if you like history

Heidi F. said...

Have you read "The Help" yet? That would be a good one. I also really like rereading older favorites such as "The Blue Sword" and "Anne of Green Gables."

Kerry said...

Ok, yes to The Help, if you haven't read it already. Also Saving Ceecee Honeycutt was really cute. A little more involved, but still a really fast read for me was The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. Couldn't put it down.

Anna said...

All she ever wanted by Lynn Austin. I don't know if you've ever read anything by her, it's clean, and pageturning, albeit a bit fluffy. I've read several of her books and this one is my favorite.

LethargicLass said...

The Help and The Book of Negroes

Maren said...

Dad - I think a history book about Lincoln might be a bit... heavy for what I'm looking for right now. But I'll put it in my wishlist for the future. :)

Heidi & Kerry - I read The Help a while ago and LOVED it! Good idea on the Anne of Green Gables, though, since those are free on my Kindle!

Kyle Roper said...

The Hunger Games trilogy, by Suzanne Collins. The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. Good adventurish stuff.