Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

Easter kinda snuck up on me.  Again.  Seriously, what's up with the whole lunar calendar thing determining when Easter is?  Why can't we just way it's always the 2nd Sunday in April or something?  As a Christian I would be totally and completely fine with this.

But that is neither here nor there.  Easter came and we enjoyed it.

On Saturday the Easter Bunny left lots and lots of eggs around the house.  This is the first year that every Madsen child got in on the action.  I was actually pretty impressed with how well Tess caught on.  That didn't stop her from opening every other egg she found to eat the candy, but still.  Progress.


Spencer and Josh looking into their Easter bags.  They were quite pleased with the shirts and jammies and other sundry items.  (It wasn't until last night that I realized I had forgotten to put some books that I had ordered in those bags.  Dang it!!!)


I'm pretty sure Spencer knows what's up with the Easter Bunny, but he's good natured about it and doesn't let on to his younger siblings.  I think Josh is on the fence - he was asking some pretty hard core questions about Santa last Christmas.  I'm trying extra hard to help him believe, because you're only in Kindergarten once and Kindergarten and magic go hand-in-hand.


Tess was wild for the sunglasses she got.  I think she kinda looks like Elton John.  It's a good look, Tess.


Everyone got these little flashing light thingies that I randomly got thinking that they probably wouldn't like them that much.  I was wrong - they loved them!


Cole reaching for some Easter eggs.


More egg hunting action.





I told you we had a lot of eggs.  But when you have a lot of kids you need a lot of eggs.


They weren't all full of candy, though.  I used an idea I found on Pinterest and filled lots of the eggs with these little coupons that the kids could "eggs-change" (hahaha!) for certain privileges.  A few of the favorites included dinner dates with Daddy or me, getting to buy school lunch twice in one week, or choosing what we have for dinner one night.  Spencer and Josh were SUPER excited about these!  We will definitely be doing this again.


On Sunday I felt only a small twinge of guilt for not getting anything new for the boys to wear for church.  But then I remembered last year's super cute bow ties that I had made that the boys hated for no good reason and my guilt disappeared.  Dang boys.

Tess, on the other hand, fully appreciated her new Easter dress that Grandma Susie and Grandpa ElRay so kindly provided for her.  Not enough to really hold still for a picture, but trust me, she liked the dress.


I love the shoes, mainly because I love polka dots.  Her hair was in two pigtails and I made felt flower clips that matched.  Not that she let me take a picture of them.


Look!  A missed Easter egg!  Good eye, Tess.


She was darling.  As were all the other little girls at church.  Seriously, so cute, Lafayette 3rd ward!


I foolishly tried to get a picture of all four kids.  Miraculously, it wasn't Cole giving us a hard time this time - it was Tess.  She was offended about something and refused to stop pouting.  That girl is a serious pouter; I have pictures and video to prove it, and if I ever have any free time ever again (small chance) I might just blog about it.


Spencer was laughing so hard at her that he was in tears.  Which, you know, made him also look great for the pictures.



Oh, my brood.  How cute you are!


And here's a random shot of me that I honestly don't recall putting into my queue to be uploaded.  But here you go.  I'm really trying to wear my hair curly as much as possible now, mainly because I'm tired of fighting the curl all day.  It's hard getting used to having big hair all the time.  (At least, it feels big.)  I really need to get it cut to help accentuate the curls, but I want to grow it out a bit more first.  I'm sure you really wanted to know all of this.  Anywho, I'll probably now be known as "that chic with the wild hair".  And I'm okay with that.  (No I'm not.  That's why I'm trying to tame the curl.)


We had what will probably be a last holiday feast with our Hoosier family, the Souths.  *SOB* Paul graduated and is going to do a post-doc in Illinois.  I am still in denial about this.  I had grand plans of us all taking some pictures together, but this is the only shot I got.  The entire evening.  Because I'm awesome like that.


Not that we could ever replace the Souths, but now we're gonna need another Hoosier family.  Anyone want to apply?  Requirements: must be willing to come to our house on random holidays and eat food.  (Sense of humor and wild children to play with our wild children are a plus.)

Finally, a few of our Easter eggs from this year.  I tried to do an ombre effect on some and it kinda worked.  (I suspect the very low quality dye had more to do with it than anything.)  I totally copied that chick from Pinterest.  Josh totally tried to copy mine, but it turned more into a scary clown chick.  I love it.


No comments: