Friday, May 9, 2014

Father/Son Campout - Mommy/Daughter Date

The boys are all off at the annual Father/Son campout.  It's been raining.  A lot.  I hope they're okay and not too miserable.

Because then I might feel a teeny bit guilty about the lovely evening I had.

Gigi and I took our girlies out for dinner and pedicures, because that's what girls do, right?  (Well, these girls, anyways.)

*True Story:  Josh asked me if we have mommy/daughter camp outs and was quite shocked when I told him no.  "But that's not fair!  You should get to go on a camp out, too!"  To which I replied "If we wanted to go on a camp out we would.  But this mommy would rather spend an evening with her friends and then sleep in her bed."  Josh now thinks I'm crazy.*

Bergen and Tess were too cute for words getting their pedicures.  They actually had to wait quite a while to get them done, but they both behaved so well!  Okay, yes, I had to tell Tess a couple times not to splash or sit in the foot tub, but she's three and that alone forgives/explains a lot.

I only had my phone with me so the pictures aren't fantastic.  But better than nothing!


Tess was pretty excited to get to sit in the pink Hello Kitty-ish chair.

Bergen chose teal for her toes - it was super cute.


Tess, of course, chose pink.  They even put a little flower on her big toes!


Where were Gig and I?  Off to the side, getting our own pedicures and chatting about life, the universe, and everything.  It was a lovely evening.

And now it's time for bed.  In my warm bed - not in a soggy tent.  I really, really like being a mom.

No comments: