Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Winter Blues

Despite the 84 degree weather I am still suffering from the winter blues. I keep finding more and more winter damage to my landscaping.  So far I have lost 2 mums, 4 raspberry plants, 2 lavender plants, and 1 hydrangea.  (Okay, in all fairness I'm pretty sure at least 2 of the raspberries were overtaken by curious children.  But still, the cold certainly didn't help.)

My fruit trees seem pretty upset, too.  Only 2 of the 3 apples have a few spotty blossoms, and the peach tree is really, really angry.  I'm not sure about the pears yet, but since I only planted them last fall I'm just glad they're still alive.

This means I have a lot of work to do outside.

But I also have a lot of work to do inside, because I've become the unofficial travel agent for Aimpad and we're going to Taiwan for a week at the beginning of June. (Taipei, to be exact.) It is both exhilarating and terrifying to be going somewhere so completely foreign.  I have to decide where to go, how to get there, what to do, what to pack, how to entertain myself for the 22+ hour flight, on top of getting the house and the kids ready for the Silvers to watch them again.

It's a lot.

I need a nap.

But I suspect there will be no napping until I'm on that plane!

No comments: