Monday, November 2, 2015

Decorations, Painting, an Fried Food

This morning I took down the Halloween decorations. I leave most of my pumpkins put through Thanksgiving, but this chore is still an undertaking what with all the Harry Potter decor and bats and such. It's the one time of year I consider downsizing my Halloween collection until I remember how happy and excited the kids are when I get it out each year.

Then I got to work on painting Spencer's room, which also sounds not too bad. But wrong. First I had to move his big ol' furniture out of the way, and then I had to remove all the nails and hooks and screws and such from the wall. Spackle, dust, vacuum, wash - his room was pretty dusty. By the time I finished taping everything up it was already 12:30. Tess was so good about entertaining herself all day! I finally started painting after lunch and finished just after 4pm. Spencer's room was bigger than I realized - it took almost the full gallon. It looks so much better now!



My goal was to get the room painted before Christmas, but my dad is coming for a quick visit this weekend and I had a free day. Nothing like company to make you get house projects done!

Dinner was the start of our fried food fest week.



Homemade mini corn dogs an seasoned fries. I also served fresh fruits and veggies, but these were mostly ignored. It was heart-stoppingly good, but I'm not quite sure my stomach can handle a full week of this!

Not the mm out exciting day, but very productive and satisfying!

No comments: