As I walked Tess into preschool today I noticed a little girl in her class who had on the most adorable dress. It was just really, really cute. But I was kind of concerned because Thursdays are often messy days.
Then I noticed another little girl in another really cute dress. And still another in a really pretty outfit, with hair all fancy and everything. And then a little boy in a full on shirt, tie, and vest.
And then I remembered that today was picture day.
And what was my little princess wearing? A t shirt, yoga pants, and ratty headband from the dress up box.
That's right. Yours truly totally and completely spaced it on this one. That's because I NEVER buy school pictures, so why would I even mark it on the calendar? But not only was it individual picture day, but class picture day as well. Oops.
Yeah... I might have been imagining it, but I'm pretty sure I got some funny looks from the other moms on my way out. I was THAT mom - the one who forgets all-important picture day. What can I say? She's the last of four kids.
I know I wasn't imagining it when I picked her up from school and her hair was all crazy because of the headband an the director of the preschool stopped me in the hall and asked if Tess was supposed to have her picture taken today. (She looked and Tess and her crazy hair.) Um, no, we didn't order any of the packages. Her look of relief was instant - apparently I was the only one who didn't do pictures. (But how could that be?!)
I tried to get a picture of Tess in all her glory when we got home, but she refused to cooperate and instead decided to play dead.
I might be THAT mom, but she's also THAT child. We're a good match.

No comments:
Post a Comment