Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Quick, Germy Grandpa Visit

First let me clarify that it was not Grandpa who was germy - it was me.

Anywho, my dad was here for a quick visit this weekend. He occasionally works with a professor at Purdue and so stays for free at the Madsen Hotel, which makes his company and us happy.

He had to work Saturday morning, and we all kinda lounged around that afternoon, chatting and such. We tried to go to the new restaurant in town - Cheddars - for dinner, but it was PACKED and we had no desire to wait outside in the cold with 4 kids for an hour. So we fell back on our old standby: Tappanyaki Grill.



The kids were in HEAVEN. Lance tolerated it. (We have different views on dining with children. I would rather go somewhere with decent food and that the kids will like because the last thing I want to do is listen to my kids whine and complain while we're out to eat. I can do that for free at home. Lance would rather eat somewhere with food he loves and just ignore the kids. I can't just ignore them because at least one adult has to deal with them and in those situations it's usually me. So there.)

Back in track. I was doing okay until a coughing fit halfway through the meal. Then a cold I had been nursing took a turn for the worse and I just felt miserable. My throat was on FIRE.

I survived the night and decided to go to church the next day since I didn't have a fever and I wasn't congested or anything; just my throat hurt.

After church we lounged around like the lazy bums we are. It was great.



We even watched Star Wars: The Phantom Menace. (It was not that great.) We're watching a Star Wars a week in preparation for the new Star Wars movie coming out in December.

That night my throat tried to kill me again. So the next morning I did the unthinkable: I went to the doctor. Because I never go to the doctor for colds! But I was sure this was more than a cold because it had been going on for so long and was so severe. Nope. Just a virus. Dang.

Josh actually stayed home from school because he wasn't feeling well either. So grandpa watched the kids while I was at the doctor, which was so nice. We lounged around again most of the day, me not feeling well and the kids happy enough to get to have unlimited computer and phone time. They also got a kick out of grandpa's snoring while he napped!

I really enjoy having family come out; I'm bummed I wasn't feeling very fun this time. But, my family is all coming out for Christmas, and hopefully I can make up for it then!

(P.S. And how am I feeling now? A little better. My throat is not trying to kill me now. But I still feel blech. Which is why I'm blogging at 8:45 in the morning and this post is somewhat rambling and nonsensical. Stupid cold virus.)

No comments: