I know February is the shortest month - but it just seems to go on and on. I mean, for the love of Pete, is it really only the 22nd? It feels like at least the 5th or 6th week of the month.I am sick of February.
I think it's because February doesn't have much going for it. January is like a breath of fresh air after the mayhem of the holidays. March brings the first promises of spring. (Plus March Madness.) But February? All it has are cold, bitter winter days and goofy holidays that involve unusually large weather-forecasting rodents, dead presidents, and overpriced flowers and candy.
I am tired of February.
February puts me into some sort of walking coma; I am up and about, getting the basic necessities done. But I don't want to do anything. Unless anything involves a large down comforter and a good book or TV show. I just want to curl up and sleep through February. (Those pesky kids of mine make it next to impossible, though.)
I am bored of February.
What I need is a project. But the weather, combined with the above-mentioned coma, makes that next to impossible.
Does anyone else feel this way?
More importantly, does anyone have a cure for these February blues?
The only thing I can think of is spending next February in Hawaii.
Then I would lurrvve February.
4 comments:
I tend to be fond of February, but only because I was born in it! Otherwise, I agree, the weather is usually miserable (at least in the Midwest). I have decided I want to live in the southern hemisphere from November to April and the northern hemisphere from April to November (summers all around)...
Yes!!!!! February just seems to be dragging on for me too. Maybe it's partly because it's cold, and hard to get out. Thomas had RSV which kept us cooped up, and because of Parent Teacher conferences and such, I've had the kids home a lot more. I am SOOOO ready for a new month to come also.
I have the solution for February. Book a cruise in March. The anticipation helps the month go by much faster.
I hear ya! Let's go tanning.
Post a Comment