Friday, February 1, 2008

My Little Man


Even though Josh has been walking for several weeks, it's only been this last week where he's been walking more than crawling. (Before he would still crawl if he wanted to get somewhere fast.) He's even more underfoot now, if that's even possible. (And, apparently, it is.)

It still surprises me every time I hear him coming and then see him walking - I keep looking for him on the floor. My little rugrat has turned into a real toddler. (And about time, too. Sheesh! He's 16 months old and probably 30 pounds, for cryin' out loud!)

I always get a little sad, though, when my babies start walking. Because then they aren't really babies anymore. They don't want to cuddle or be held or give loves (kisses & hugs) - oh wait. My kids never wanted to do that.

Never mind.

But you know what I mean.

It almost makes me a little baby hungry. But nothing a Sunday at church surrounded by other peoples' babies can't cure! (Sorry grandmas & grandpas.)


In other news...

It snowed a good six inches here last night and this morning. Spencer and I just spent the last hour shoveling the driveway. (No, we never did get the snowblower. But my back is wishing we had.)

I also pulled Spencer on his sled up and down the street at least a dozen times. Half of those were running. (Well, jogging - it's hard to run in boots!) Spencer kept yelling "Faster, faster!" while I pictured him back there, holding onto the sled with one hand and cracking a whip with the other. I'm not saying I did this on purpose, but we took a few turns a little too sharply, dumping him into rather large snowbanks. Fits of giggles followed for both of us.

It was good to get out, since Spencer missed both days of preschool this week because of a bad cold. (I needed to get out just as much as he did!)

4 comments:

ElRay M Roper said...

I like the new 'cool kid' hair style Josh is sporting these days.

Also, do I recognize those shoes, very nice.

I suspect that we will have to do more childproofing the next time Josh comes to visit

Maren said...

His hair is actually only like that just after a bath. It's curly when damp, but then goes strait when it dries. Yes, those are the same shoes you bought Spencer; they're so good that I bet they will last another child.

It's all about the "Crew" said...

Maren,

Still enjoying every word of your blog. Looks like you'll be getting your daily run in now that he's a walker!

Also, loved the "_____of the day" post. You are so witty. Hilarious retort -use your mouth Ba,ha,ha! :O I'm going to store that one in my mental file for future use.

Sybrina

Maren said...

Thank, Sybrina!

BTW, your cake blog totally puts me to shame. :) (Something to aspire to!)