Valentine's Day isn't huge in our house - we don't go all out, no grand romantic gestures, no candlelit dinners, no huge teddy bears holding red satin hearts (thank goodness!)... you get the idea.
But we do like to have a good time.
So our good time started with heart-shaped French toast for breakfast. Yum! (Spencer was especially glad, because he's going through an anti-hot cereal phase right now.)

And you know all about what we had for dinner. But you haven't seen how cute I decorated the table! Okay, nothing fancy. (We were having pizza for dinner, for Pete's sake.) But I think it looked cute with our red and white gifts on our plates. (Except for poor, poor me.) ((Okay, I didn't really expect Lance to wrap my gifts. And that's okay.))

While we waited for the fulfillment of my life goal, we opened our gifts.

I like to give the boys books: one Valentine book and one regular book (preferably one I found on clearance during the summer for $5. Score!)
Being the oh-so-romantic wife that I am, I bought Lance The Simpsons Movie and a Wii Nunchuck. (Hey, we saw the movie on our 7th anniversary, so it's a little romantic by association, right?)
Lance gave me the 8th season of ER on DVD. Woo-hoo! (Now that's love, since Lance knows that once I get a new season I basically shut down for however long it takes me to watch them all!) He also got me some super cute slippers that I really needed. (Okay, I asked him to buy them for me, but he got to choose the color.)
Of course we also got some candy. Spencer scarfed his down in typical four year old style, but Josh was a bit more entertaining:
After dinner we had some of the Lurrvve Cake. It was everything I thought it would be; namely, yummy. Mmmm... Lurrvve Cake.

And then the kids went to bed and I watched 38 episodes of ER. What a great Valentine's Day!
But we do like to have a good time.
So our good time started with heart-shaped French toast for breakfast. Yum! (Spencer was especially glad, because he's going through an anti-hot cereal phase right now.)

And you know all about what we had for dinner. But you haven't seen how cute I decorated the table! Okay, nothing fancy. (We were having pizza for dinner, for Pete's sake.) But I think it looked cute with our red and white gifts on our plates. (Except for poor, poor me.) ((Okay, I didn't really expect Lance to wrap my gifts. And that's okay.))
While we waited for the fulfillment of my life goal, we opened our gifts.

I like to give the boys books: one Valentine book and one regular book (preferably one I found on clearance during the summer for $5. Score!)
Being the oh-so-romantic wife that I am, I bought Lance The Simpsons Movie and a Wii Nunchuck. (Hey, we saw the movie on our 7th anniversary, so it's a little romantic by association, right?)
Lance gave me the 8th season of ER on DVD. Woo-hoo! (Now that's love, since Lance knows that once I get a new season I basically shut down for however long it takes me to watch them all!) He also got me some super cute slippers that I really needed. (Okay, I asked him to buy them for me, but he got to choose the color.)
Of course we also got some candy. Spencer scarfed his down in typical four year old style, but Josh was a bit more entertaining:
After dinner we had some of the Lurrvve Cake. It was everything I thought it would be; namely, yummy. Mmmm... Lurrvve Cake.

And then the kids went to bed and I watched 38 episodes of ER. What a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:
You cake looks beautiful! I love a good looking cake. . .and I bet it was yummy too!
OK, i meant YOUR not you
Post a Comment