Sunday, May 4, 2008

Neckties

(Sidenote: Neckties seem to be the mortal enemy of all the men in my life. Which is a shame, because nothin' looks better than a man in a crisp white shirt with a good lookin' necktie. Am I right ladies?)

A real conversation I had with Spencer this morning:

Me (putting on his necktie for church): There. All done! Don't you look nice.

Spencer (pulling at the necktie): But I'm a big boy.

Me: Yes, you are.

Spencer: I'm a big boy now. I don't need it anymore.

Me: Oh - you think big boys don't wear neckties?

Spencer (perking up and smiling wide): Yes!

Me: I hate to break it to you, but only big boys wear neckties. You'll be wearing neckties for the rest of your life.

Spencer (standing up with his fists in the air): Nooooooooooooooooooooo!

Oh, the humanity!

3 comments:

Christy said...

We just bought a tie off of thinkgeek.com that has says "ties suck" in binary code. We got it for Carl's first PhD student to graduate. I don't think they make kids sizes but maybe Lance would get a kick out of it?

Christy said...

I wish there were a way to go back and edit my darn comment. "...that has says..."? Oh well. I think you know what I mean.

Maren said...

I love that ThinkGeek site; it's very Lance. I actually got him the 'power tie' for Christmas (http://www.thinkgeek.com/apparel/hats-ties/69be/) and he seems to like that. Perhaps the Binary tie for Father's Day? :)