Well, I was sustained into my new calling today.
And the calling is... (drum roll)...
Primary President!
I really am excited. I know it will be a lot of work, but I think it will also be a lot of fun. At the very least it will be entertaining, because there's nothing more entertaining than a room full of kids. (Primary Proverbs galore!)
I have have the best presidency a girl could ask for: 1st counselor - Gigi R., 2nd counselor - Leila G., and Secretary - Sarah H. I am so excited to work with them!!
And now, back to work. Because of all the turnover in our ward, I am in the midst of replacing eight teachers. Plus getting up to speed on anything and everything Primary. And updating all the stuff I have because my secretary will be out of town for the next two weeks. And learning all the kids' names. And getting ready for our first presidency meeting on Tuesday. And...
Yeah.
And the calling is... (drum roll)...
Primary President!
I really am excited. I know it will be a lot of work, but I think it will also be a lot of fun. At the very least it will be entertaining, because there's nothing more entertaining than a room full of kids. (Primary Proverbs galore!)
I have have the best presidency a girl could ask for: 1st counselor - Gigi R., 2nd counselor - Leila G., and Secretary - Sarah H. I am so excited to work with them!!
And now, back to work. Because of all the turnover in our ward, I am in the midst of replacing eight teachers. Plus getting up to speed on anything and everything Primary. And updating all the stuff I have because my secretary will be out of town for the next two weeks. And learning all the kids' names. And getting ready for our first presidency meeting on Tuesday. And...
Yeah.
13 comments:
Wow! That is a bit more daunting than Enrichment Leader, I'll say! Cool that Gigi's one of your counselors! How fun! You both have very creative ideas, I think you will be a great Presidency!Good luck!
GOOD LUCK! Sounds like we'll be seeing some more posts about fun things primary kids say!
Hey I totally sustain you all the way from the 1st ward!!! You are perfect for the job! Can't wait to work with you more!
We weren't there to sustain you. (picture my right hand raised to the square)
Congratulations on your new calling.
Go Maren! Kids love you (and all their parents!)
Thanks for all the support!
That's awesome. You will do great. I love Primary!
Nu-huh!!!!!! That's so freaking awesome!!!! You will love it!!!!!
I hope that spencer is good for you when you are in the room. Sam was ok for me when I was doing sharing time all the time. He would act like the most shy kid you'd ever seen.
I have to say that I'm a tiny bit jealous. I love primary, and wish that I was still in. Good luck in everything!!!
Ginger - Move into 3rd ward and I can almost guarantee you'll be put in primary. :)
Wow!!!! Congrats. That's cool--for you, but glad it's not me. :)
That's awesome!! You're going to be great!!
Should we anticipate your blog activity to drop down. Good luck with your new calling!
My vote would be picture C for the frame above the piano
Post a Comment