Monday, September 8, 2008

Mums and Gentle Ducks

In my first nod to fall I have filled my apothacary jar with mums.  I love the bright cheeriness it brings.  (The picture doesn't do it justice.)


On a completely different note...

I forgot to mention something really funny in my primary post yesterday that I just have to share now.  (No really, I have to.)

There's a line in the song "When Jesus Christ was Baptized" that goes like this: "the Holy Ghost descended as gently as a dove."  While teaching the children this song our wonderful chorister used a few pictures.  For the dove she used a picture drawn by one of the older children in primary.  Unfortunately, the bird in the picture looks more like a duck than a dove.

Yesterday I heard several of the smaller children singing "the Holy Ghost descended as gently as a duck."  

Yet another reason our Primary Sacrament Meeting Program is gonna rock.

p.s. I know - I should have corrected them.  Ducks aren't exactly gentle material.  But I had been trying to correct them for the past few weeks; I know when I'm beat.

Plus, it's really funny.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Caleb LOVES to sing primary songs. When he sings, We Thank Thee, O God, For a Prophet, he says...

"we'll praise him by day and Menards".

I don't know where that came from.

Kerry said...

Oh, I love kids! Logan always sings that song, and there are a few things he says really funny too, and I just let him cause it's cute, and one day he will be big and won't make those funny mistakes. He actually says " as gently as a dub" I don't even know what a dub is! Anyone?

ashley.and.graham said...

oh I love, love, love the mums. I saw the jar at target and really love it ... only a few more weeks until our first paychecks ;)