Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Ouch.

While I was making lunch this afternoon I dropped a rather small but fantastically heavy marble cutting board on my foot.

Ouch.

OUCH.

It really hurt. I nearly fell to the floor, but instead hose to save my composure and hang precariously onto the counter as the boys looked on.

Within seconds my foot was swollen in several places, with little indents of where the sides of the cutting board hit me. And one part was taking on a decidedly purplish-redish color.

I hobbled around with ice on my foot, finishing lunch and then eventually putting Josh down for a nap. (He fell asleep within ten minutes! A miracle! A blessing! A sign that putting blackout curtains up and turning the lights off does the trick!)

I had plans of mowing the lawn and doing some cleaning this afternoon. With this foot? Not so much. So I did what any mother in my position would do: I put Spencer on the computer and took a nap on the couch. It was great. Except for the throbbing foot and all.

Here are a couple pictures of my foot.


They're not very good, but it's surprisingly hard to take a decent picture of your own injured foot. But I think you can still see some of the swelling. And mind you, this is after a couple ibuprofen, lots of ice, being elevated for several hours. (Side note - my ankle is not muddy. It's a birth mark. When I was a kid I used to scrub and scrub to get it off. Still no success there.)

Oh, and on the way to get said ibuprofen I stubbed a toe pretty soundly and then banged my arm on the door nob, which is now growing a rather impressive bruise.

I really shouldn't be allowed around myself.

3 comments:

Marie said...

YIKES! That does not look fun AT ALL.
Anywho I found your blog through Melissa Livengood's blog. Oh how I love blog stalking people. :)

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Sorry about your foot - it looks very painful! I hope you feel better soon.

Melissa said...

Yowzers! Looks painful. I hope you heal quickly so you can run after your kiddos.