Friday, February 20, 2009

Christy's Craft Challenge: Barrettes

I got to participate in Christy's Craft Challenge again this month. (Here's a review of what that is, just in case you've forgotten.)

So here are the supplies I started out with:


Paisley wrapping paper
Pom-pom string (I have no idea what to call it)
Red tulle
Make-up remover pads
Fun Size Kit-Kat

Okay, the Kit-Kat wasn't part of the packet. But it should have been because it matches perfectly. And because I luuurrrvve Kit-Kat. I'm just sayin', Christy...

Okay, so no Kit-Kat.

*Nom-nom-nom*

I decided that my super-cool Hair Flair Holder was a little empty. (Mainly because Josh keeps stealing and losing stuff out of it.) So, this month's craft: big, poofy barrettes!

Not that I have any real need for big, poofy barrettes. I have 2.5 little boys, and a 31 year old pregnant lady would look a bit goofy in them. But who cares - not every craft has to be practical.


I cut a square of the tulle, cut off a pom-pom, trimmed a make-up remover, and then cut a piece of paper the same size.


I folded the tulle several times to make a square. Then I sewed it to the pom-pom.


Then I sewed the tulle and pom-pom to the paper and the make-up remover. Not that you can really see that in this picture, but I did.


Then I cut the paper and make-up remover into petals, to give it a more flowery look.


I found a couple of old barrettes that I never wear and decided to use them as the base.


A dab of Tacky Craft Glue to put it together. Okay, obviously I don't adhere to the "Just a dot, not a lot" preschool rule for glue. Hahaha! Adhere...


Then I made another barrette, just to see if I could. And because you can't have just one barrette. That's just insane.

So is the thought of showing my face with no make-up on a bad hair day. Here's the best you get.


So there you go. Big, poofy barrettes, courtesy of Christy's Craft Challege.

And now it's time for another Kit-Kat. *Nom*

2 comments:

Gigi said...

I'm just finishing up Maren. And I agree, we totally should have been given a Kit-Kat! Come on Christy.

Heather S. said...

Okay, those barretts are totally cute! If you decide you don't want them, I'm sure almost any little girl would look so cute in them. Also, you look pretty snazzy in them too.