Friday, February 27, 2009

Lego-tastic

For a month or so now there have been ads on TV for a new Lego Castle exhibit at the Children's Museum. And for a month or so now I have listened to Spencer say such things as "Mom, maybe we could go see those Legos", or "Mommy, I think Joshie and I would have lots of fun there", and "Mommy, WE NEED TO GO TO THERE!!!"

So today we did.

It was Lego-tastic. The boys (including our good buddies Ashton and Dominic) spent well over an hour in the exhibit. (A record for them, I think.)

There were lots and lots of castles made of Legos.

There was the all-important Lego slide.

There was a Lego throne for our little princes.

There was a Lego dungeon, which Josh was inexplicably obsessed with.

There was a Lego catapault, which Spencer was understandably obsessed with.

There were a ton of other things, like Lego jousting and tons of Lego stations to build things at, but a mom can only take so many Lego pictures.

It was a great, Lego-rific day.

(Side note: this was one of the most painful posts I've ever had to write. Not that I have any horrific emotional issues with Legos. No, it's even worse - my laptop appears to be dying, making blogging (and everything else) terribly SSSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWW and painful. Grrrrr. Seriously, I'm going nuts here.)

No comments: