Now that preschool is over the boys are feeling a bit of cabin fever because I just don't want to go anywhere or do anything. Oh sure, they can play outside all they would like, but I guess that doesn't always cut it.
So yesterday we ventured over to the Columbian Park zoo, which we call the 'little zoo' since it's tiny compared to the Indie zoo. (Or any other zoo, for that matter.)
The boys spent a good hour in playing in the water fountains and perhaps 10 minutes looking at the animals. About what I expected.

The most exciting part of the trip was the escaped chickens. About five of them somehow got out of the petting zoo and several teenagers were chasing them with large nets. You could hear their squawking and clucks of indignation everywhere. It was very entertaining.
The least exciting part of the trip was all of the comments on the size of my belly. It was apparently very intriguing to many of the zoo's patrons. People! I'm huge and I know it! Please don't remind me!
I'm just sayin'...
After a while I started to swell up quite a bit. Attractive, yes? (And this wasn't even at their worst.)

After I told the boys it was time to go home, this little exchange occurred:
Spencer: But why? Why do we have to go home?
Me: Because I am getting too hot and am swelling up. See my fingers and feet? Yuck.
Spencer: But why?
Me: Because it is too hot. When mommies who are going to have babies get too hot they swell up and it doesn't feel too good.
Spencer: Oh. I bet ice cream would make you cool and feel better!
Me: Absolute genius, Spencer!
Does Spencer know how to work the system or what?
So we walked across the street to Igloo and enjoyed some frozen custard cones. It was the perfect ending to the day.

So yesterday we ventured over to the Columbian Park zoo, which we call the 'little zoo' since it's tiny compared to the Indie zoo. (Or any other zoo, for that matter.)
The boys spent a good hour in playing in the water fountains and perhaps 10 minutes looking at the animals. About what I expected.

The most exciting part of the trip was the escaped chickens. About five of them somehow got out of the petting zoo and several teenagers were chasing them with large nets. You could hear their squawking and clucks of indignation everywhere. It was very entertaining.
The least exciting part of the trip was all of the comments on the size of my belly. It was apparently very intriguing to many of the zoo's patrons. People! I'm huge and I know it! Please don't remind me!
I'm just sayin'...
After a while I started to swell up quite a bit. Attractive, yes? (And this wasn't even at their worst.)
After I told the boys it was time to go home, this little exchange occurred:
Spencer: But why? Why do we have to go home?
Me: Because I am getting too hot and am swelling up. See my fingers and feet? Yuck.
Spencer: But why?
Me: Because it is too hot. When mommies who are going to have babies get too hot they swell up and it doesn't feel too good.
Spencer: Oh. I bet ice cream would make you cool and feel better!
Me: Absolute genius, Spencer!
Does Spencer know how to work the system or what?
So we walked across the street to Igloo and enjoyed some frozen custard cones. It was the perfect ending to the day.

No comments:
Post a Comment