Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Random Happenings from Today

This morning we trekked on down to the Farmer's Market. (It's not that far, it's just that lately going anywhere with my little brood is a trek.) Boy was Josh disappointed when I explained to him that we weren't going to a farm, just to where the farmers sell their food. He had his little heart set on seeing some cows and asked one of the sellers if he had cows. (He didn't.) Perhaps a trip here is in order when uncle Kevin comes to visit next month.

Spencer had a dentist appointment this morning. In the past he's been fine having everything done by himself, but today he decided he needed me to come with him. Which meant Josh and Cole as well. (It was a bit snug, but we all fit.) Josh was really interested in everything going on. He got to look at the little mouth mirror, move the chair up and down, feel the spinning toothbrush on his finger, and feel the air blower. During Spencer's cleaning he would pat Spencer's leg and say, "How are you doing, Wencer? Are you okay?" Tre cute.
Today I was brave and took the boys to the pool for the first time. (We went to Castaway Bay, a much smaller, less crowded pool, and thus safer pool for us.) Alas, after only 30 minutes we were all ushered out of the pool because of thunder and lightening. Talk about two sad, downtrodden little boys. I had to promise we'd go back soon.
I didn't really feel like cooking tonight, so we had a pancake jamboree - my famous pancakes with whatever toppings you would like. (By toppings I mean you put them on the pancakes while they're cooking so they're cooked in. Mmmm...) We had leftover apple crisp from FHE last night, so I randomly decided to put some of those apple slices and crumbled topping on my pancake. Heaven. IHOP's got nothin' on the Madsens.
Cole showered me in spit up this afternoon. It was all over the front and inside of my shirt, as well as entirely covering Cole's face and onesie. It was gross. It even impressed Josh, who was standing nearby. That's not an easy feat.

1 comment:

Sybrina said...

So, because he spit up on you, you drew a mustache on him? J/K

Darling picture! I'm amazed at all you have time to do with a newborn!