Our Christmas festivities began this year with making sugar cookies. I hadn't planned on baking, but Spencer was adament. "We have to leave Santa some cookies!" he cried. "I want to eat cookies!!" Josh joined in. "Bllaaahhhhppphhh!" Cole submitted. I was outnumbered, so a-cookie-ing we went.
Note Joshie's excellent cookie-frosting ensemble. Fabulous. (That's chocolate-orange frosting. Also fabulous.)
That evening we had our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. Usually I try to make something a bit unusual or at least interesting, but this year I got lazy and went totally traditional: ham, funeral potatoes, salad, and rolls. Yum. My boys luuuuvvv ham! (Yes, even Cole got a taste.)
Such gracious table manners.
Next we opened our Christmas jammies. Earlier I was debating as to whether or not I should even wrap them since everyone knows what they are. But then both Josh and Spencer acted completely surprised, so I guess the pajama wrapping will continue for a few more years.
Josh was so excited about the puppy jammies he got (which he swore up and down in the store that he hated) that he wanted to get changed right then. Right then.
Lance liked his jammies, too, even though they were used. And by used meaning I had to wear them while I was in UT. (Long story - will explain once I get around to blogging about my trip.)
Cole liked the wrapping paper more than the jammies. Expected.
Joshie got right into his jammies and demanded pictures. Spencer soon followed.
One cute boyo. Two cute boyos. Three cute boyos!
THREE CUTE BOYOS!
After some cookies and milk and setting out a plate of reindeer food (because it was raining too much to put it outside), it was time to read about the real Christmas story: The Grinch. Just kidding, we read about the birth of Christ and then finished up with How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Then it was off to bed. I was actually quite surprised at how quickly everyone calmed down and went to sleep. Perhaps they were really listening when I explained that Santa couldn't come if they were awake. Or they were in ham-induced comas. One of the two.
However, Santa came while I was awake. I snapped this picture just after he left. It's my favorite Christmas scene.
I thought for sure that the boys would be up early early, especially since Cole has been waking up around 3am again. (PESKY BABY!!!) But nope - I didn't hear any stirrings until 6:30am, and when no one came to bother me I fell back asleep. I woke again at 7:30am to the sounds of Spencer and Josh playing computer games. Seriously. A room. Full of new toys. And they were on the computer.
Either we have them very well trained, or they're just not right in the head. Maybe a bit of both.
First order of business: go through stockings and then pass out the presents from under the tree. Or, if you're Josh, start eating candy and cookies.
The present opening commenced!
It was pretty awesome. We have some wonderful Grandpas and Grandmas! And Santa was very kind, too. He seems to be especially concerned with our health this year, as everyone got bandaids and first aid kits and such. (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that I had a bit of money left over in our flex account this year!)
We spent the afternoon playing and resting and fighting over toys and watching movies and fighting over different toys. Ah, memories.
It was a very merry Christmas indeed!





No comments:
Post a Comment