Wait - that's the pretend life I live in Chicago. You know, the one that includes a very large top floor apartment downtown, a live-in nanny, and more money than we know what to do with. It's a good life, although a little dull sometimes.
In reality, Lance treated to me a night on the town that started with a trip to the firing range. Lance is awesome like that. I had mentioned recently that I had never fired a handgun before and that I would like to give it a try. So we went to the range, met a very colorful local who led us through the orientation and helped us choose a gun, and got shootin'.
It was great.
I wasn't very good at first, but that's because I didn't know how to aim. Once Lance taught me I got a lot better. See?
Ignore all the shots above his left shoulder. I was aiming for the zombies in the back ground. Yeah, that's it. Zombies...
This is how I did once I figured out the whole aiming thing. Not too shabby for my first time!
Lance decided to be a bit more practical and shoot at a zombie. (If the media is any indication, a zombie apocalypse is only a matter of time, people.)
It's hard to see on the pictures, but trust me, he was a pretty good shot.
I give credit to all of those shooting video games he plays.
After the range we went to Five Guys Burgers. I had never been there before, mainly because it's up on campus and I hate going on campus when all the students are there. Parking is a nightmare and they all seem to think it's okay to walk in front of rushing traffic. And don't even get me started on the clothing (or lack of it) that the co-eds like to wear... dang, I'm an old lady. Whatever, most of the students are gone for the summer, making campus a rather pleasant place to be!
Verdict on Five Guys? It was pretty tasty. I was surprised at how giant the burgers were. I loved that they have malted vinegar for the fries - yummers. I don't know that these were the best burgers I've ever had, but I wouldn't turn another trip there down!
After burgers we decided to share a chocolate malt from McCord's, a local candy and malt shop. It was the perfect ending after all those salty fries.
We weren't sure what to do at this point. We would have liked to see The Avengers, but Lafayette is LAME in that it doesn't seem to have any showtimes between 7:00-9:00pm for movies we want to see. Seriously, the last few times we've wanted to see a movie the only showtimes they have are at 6:45 and then 9:15. This is stupid. Very, very stupid. I'm pretty sure this wouldn't happen in Chicago. But such is life in Lafayette.
So we headed over to the mall to test out some mattresses, since we are now in the market for a new one. We stopped in Kohl's first since I had a $10 coupon burning in my pocket. (Actually, it was in an email on my phone, which they scanned. Technology is awesome.) With their weekly sale pricing I bought three $12 pillows for $2. Can't beat that!
At this point the babysitter texted me to let me know that Josh was not behaving and refused to go to bed. Talk about a damper to the evening. I called home, but he still wouldn't behave. So we came home and took care of that rotgut boy, got into jammies, and watched a movie at home. Much comfier and cheaper than the theater!
Thanks for the great night, Lance! You are the best!
1 comment:
I adore date nights!!!
Post a Comment