Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How I Spent My Day

The majority of my day was spent:

  • Doing laundry.
  • Watering the lawn and garden in the vain attempt to keep them alive since it hasn't rained here in 37 years (give or take).
  • Doing more laundry.
  • Reading the book "Everyone Poops" to Josh and Cole.  Over and over.
  • Singing REM's "Everybody Hurts" over and over again, only with the words "everybody pooooops... sometimes...". (See previous activity.)  (Now it's in your head, too.  You're welcome.)
  • Rescuing Tess from the rooms she has locked herself in by closing the door.  As per usual (ALL of my children have done this), she placed herself right in front of the door.  So as she is sobbing because she is all alone, I have to carefully shove her out of the way as I open the door, making her even more upset.
  • Unlocking doors because Cole has decided it's fun to lock doors.  It's like living "The Others".  (ALL of my kids go through this phase, too.)
  • Cleaning.  Because there's always some part of the house that needs cleaning.
  • Not editing papers.  Because it's between terms and there's not much going on right now.  This is good, because then I can get a lot more housework done.  But it's also bad because I would much rather be editing a paper than cleaning the kitchen.  Le sigh.
  • Yelling at my laptop because it's getting old and is misbehaving by not letting the keyboard and/or mousepad not work very well at very inconvenient times.  
  • Wondering why I yell at inanimate objects like my laptop.
  • Cooking.  I spent a ridiculous amount of my day feeding other people.  Okay, it might actually be that much time, but it sure feels like it.

2 comments:

Kevin R. said...

The REM song is especially funny when you realize that the second part of the chorus goes "everybody cries." Because some days....

Christine Merrill said...

Thanks for the song in the head, jerk :)