Sunday, November 1, 2015

Halloween 2015

Halloween was almost anti-climatic this year, since we had the doughnut party the night before.

As per tradition, we had dinner with our Hoosier Family, the Reams. This year the pizza was from Papa Murphy's. (We learned the hard way last year that delivery or pick up is CRAZY BUSY on Halloween night.)


The Reams also brought french fries, which we fried in the oil from the night before and gave them a slightly doughnutty taste. DELICIOUS.

Also as per usual it was rainy for trick or treating. Stupid bad weather. We actually had about 45 minutes of good trick or treating weather. It wasn't even that cold. But once Tess had gone around the circle and we started passing out candy while the boys went down the street it started raining in earnest.


Cole was upset because people kept bumping into his costume. I heard "I can't get through!" while he was in crowds quite a bit. The solar system is now hanging above his bed, in case you were wondering.


We tried getting a picture of all six kiddos, but it went about as well as you could expect. (Not very.)




And we saw this guy driving a car. (Okay, this guy was fake and the car was parked. But still. Cool.)


We hung some candles on our porch, which looked pretty cool.


Gigi, Bergen, Tess and I passed out candy and chatted while the bigger kids and the dads kept trick or treating. It was nice, because I just don't get to see my friend as much as I would like!


These two...


... are too cute. Tess called Bergen her "big sister" the other day. Darlingness.


The trick or treaters trickled off around 8:30, so we chatted in the living room while the kids watched tv until close to 10. (Which was fine since daylight savings started that night.)

Thanks for the fun evening, Ream family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you, Madsens! We love celebrating Halloween with you!

Gigi said...

That was me up there ⬆. I guess it's been so long since I commented that the system didn't recognize me!��