
We had a 2 hour delay this morning. This is an actual conversation Cole and I had.
Cole: Why does the news let the snow stay in the ground this morning?
Me: Um... what?
Cole (frustrated with such a dim mother): Why is there snow? Why did the news let it snow?
Me: Cole, the news doesn't make it snow. It doesn't decide the weather. It just tells us what the weather is going to be.
Cole: *blank stare, crickets chirping*
Me: The news does weather forecasts.
Cole: Yes, it chooses the weather.
Me: No, it GUESSES the weather. The earth chooses the weather.
Cole: *silent, mulling over this earth-shattering revelation* Can I have more oatmeal, please?
I can only imagine what was going on in this kid's mind. Did he truly believe that the weather men chose what weather we had? That a benevolent Al Roker sent fun snow in the winter and mild temps in the spring? That a vindictive Chuck Lofton sent tornadoes and hail?
Man, I love kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment