Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Decorating

Every year when I take all of the Christmas decorations down my house feels so bare and I just want to redecorate everything. I want all new furniture and paint on the walls and knick knacks and a totally brand new kitchen.

That last part is a lie. I always want a new kitchen.

But the first part is true. I always want several thousand dollars worth of changes but that's just not in the budget, much to my dismay. So I kept most of my decorations down and waited for inspiration to strike. It took a while.

First I found a big mirror for a steal at Target. I put it on the wall between the living room and kitchen, where I used to have some picture frames. (Picture frames that held a total of 20 pictures that were a big pain to change out.)



Then I found this glass dish that we picked up in Utah last summer. It was a wedding present my in-laws received. I had often seen it on the kitchen table or counter full of fruit. No one else wanted it so I took it home. I'm not a huge fan of amber/brown colored glass, so I decided to spray paint it a pretty greenish blue to match my living room.




The dang spray paint can broke halfway through the job, so it still needs a few more coats plus a clear coat. Still, lookin' good!




I put it on my bookshelf and I really like it there. I feel like it needs something in it, but not sure what.



Finally, I scrounged around Goodwill and the Salvation Army and found some vases I like and put them on the mantel.



I painted the blue one to match Joy's dish and the green one was like that and matched perfectly! I was going to put glitter on the glass one but decided silver branches were enough.

So that's the excitement around here. (And I'm okay with that. Who needs drama this time of year?) ((Or any time of year?)) Hopefully this will scratch my decorating itch for a while.

No comments: