Friday, May 30, 2008

Midwest Weather

No matter how long I live here, I think the storm sirens will always unsettle me. So will the dark purplish-green clouds that come with them.

Here's a video from this evening. I don't know that it really does the storm justice; I guess video just can't capture the tension that comes with a big Midwestern thunderstorm. (And subsequent tornado warning.)

Joy - a whole summer of these to look forward to! (Can you sense the sarcasm? I'm layin' it on pretty thick.)

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Oh, I am not sure I will ever get used to living in this type of weather. It scares the snot out of me. I even have a basement now, but it is an unfinished walk-out! Where's the safety in that????????

Graham said...

Growing up in the South, at least we had a few days' warning before a huricane - here, more like "The storm may or may not come" then "Oh %$#& here it is!" We have a basement but are scared of it, so we waited the storm out in our bedroom.

Unknown said...

it was even crazier over her in WL we could see two funnel clouds above Heidi F's house!!! I wish that I had my camera but Jeff and Ben took it with them to UT. Can you send me the video clip? Too bad we live to far away, if we were closer we could have a Tornado party when the sirens went off!
Ann

Ginger said...

We went to our safe spot, the basement, and were there for 45 minutes. The power was out for about for 4 hours, so we listened to my favorite NPR show, "Performance Today" with all the cut-ins every 10 minutes to keep us updated on the weather. Too scary for me, I'm afraid.