Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Self-Portrait Tuesday: Week 25


In case you're wondering that's a non-maternity shirt I'm wearing. Also in case you're wondering, this is probably the last time I'll wear it for a while - it's gettin' a little snug.

While I was taking my self-portrait two 'bored' little boys came scampering into the kitchen to see what I was up to.


Yes, they scampered. And yes, I mean 'bored' because I was a horribly mean mom today and made them play with things other than Wii and Computer games and even suggested they play outside. (The horror!) In fact, they did play outside for a good 30 minutes. I think they ran back and forth across the lawn the entire time, probably in an effort to stay warm. (Like I said, mean mom.) But at least they'll sleep well tonight!

This was my major project for the day: cleaning and reorganizing the closet in baby 3.0's room. Okay, so it'd be a lot more impressive with a before shot, but I forgot to take one. Oops.


What do you mean there's no baby stuff in it? I see a baby monitor, a changing pad... and a Boppy! And if the baby really wants them, he can inherit all of those stamps* that I inherited from my mom. That's plenty of baby stuff... in the baby closet...

What's a baby need a closet for anyway? When he starts making mortgage payments, then he can start complaining.

(*Side note: I seriously considered selling a bunch of stamps and such while I was cleaning today. I haven't really used any of it in well over a year. But I just couldn't do it. Even though my mom died almost five years ago and I know she really wouldn't care either way, part of me just can't part with my 'inheritance'. Give me another five years and we'll see. Is that weird?)

2 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

I have my Dad's guitar. I don't play guitar - and even if I did - it's too big for me to play correctly. I can't even give it up to one of my siblings - let alone sell it - so it sits under my bed taking up space and it's been 12 years since my Dad died. I think your stamps will probably be with you for quite awhile. But the closet looks great! I think the baby is going to want to come early - you seem to be nesting.

Marie said...

I'm with Tiffany, you will never get rid of those stamps no matter how many times you realize you don't use them.