Saturday, April 4, 2009

Mail Call

Oddly enough, my family in Utah gets junk mail for me. Odder still is that I have never, ever lived at the address they're at, so why in the world is mail for me getting sent there?

But it gets even weirder. Look what came in the mail for me during our visit last week.

In case you're wondering, I blurred the address. I just figured my fam didn't want it posted on such a world-famous blog. Ha.

Oh my.

I mean, seriously. This is wrong on so many levels.

Wrongness #1: It's like Karen with an 'M', not like Maren with a 'K'!!!! C'MON PEOPLE!

Wrongness #2: I don't even have a middle name, let alone one that starts with D. However, in high school my good friend Jen thought it was weird that I didn't have a middle name so she christened me "Maren David Roper". (David being the middle name of the boy I was so in lurrve with at the time.) How did the junk mail people know about this?! Am I the only one who is getting a little paranoid right now?

Wrongness #3: Roper is my maiden name. I've been a full-time Madsen for nearly nine years now. If the junk mail people researched my fake middle name, they could at least have the courtesy to use my married last name. I'm just sayin'.

2 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

I got mail for my deceased father up to 6 years into my married life. Pretty sure my dad never lived with us since he never even met my husband. Weird! (and a little heart breaking)

Maren said...

When we first moved to Indiana I would get mail for my mom, who had died right before we moved here. I don't think she had ever been to Indiana in her life. Seriously, what's up with the junk mail industry? Bizarro.