Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby Weight GIVEAWAY!

No, we're not guessing how much weight I have gained with this baby.

That would be cruel.

Nope. Since we already know the gender (boy), the birth date (June 1st), and the name (well, Lance and I know the name!), I thought it would be fun to have a contest to see who can come closest to guessing the one remaining variable with this baby: his weight.

The prize? Something anybody can use: an Amazon.com gift card!

And here's the kicker: the amount will be the amount of the winning guess. In other words, if you guess 8 pounds 12 ounces, you'll get an $8.12 gift card from me. So it's in your best interest if the baby is nice and big, whereas it's in my best interest (both monetarily and physically!) if the baby is smaller. Ah, fun.

So...

1. Leave a comment on this post with your guess. (Remember, there are 16 ounces in a pound.)
2. The winner will be the guess closest to the actual birth weight without going over.
3. You can guess more than once - but I'll only accept your most recent guess. (So if you guess three times your third guess is the one that counts.)
4. You can guess from now until May 31st at midnight.

Wait... you want some hints? Okay. How about the weights of my other two kiddos.

Here's a picture of Spencer a day or two after he was born.


As you can see, he was a perfectly reasonable 7 lbs 12 oz.

And then here's a picture of Josh literally right after he was born. (See? He was born scowling!)


As you can see, he was a perfectly unreasonable 9 lbs 15 oz.

Yes. That's a 2 lb 3 oz difference. So that's probably not much help. How about this: my doctor has now said twice that he thinks this is going to be another 'big baby'. But then again, this same doctor dismissed my claims that Josh was going to be huge and we all know how that turned out.

Happy guessing!

29 comments:

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

I'm guessing 10lbs even!

Christy said...

It would probably be wrong to assume that your babies get 2 lbs bigger each time you have one so I won't be guessing 11 or 12 lbs.

My official guess is: 9 lbs 11 oz.

Trista Groshon said...

okay, wait, your a scheduled C right? So Josh was scheduled as well? Was he THAT big a week early??

Dude....

Well, I am going to hope for the best for you and say 8 lbs. 8 oz.

ashley.and.graham said...

hmmm, i like the sound of 8lbs 8oz. - oh dang, just looked down and someone beat me to it. guess i'll go price is right style and say 8lbs 9oz by default. maybe you'll have a little blend of spencer and joshie :)
ashley

ashley.and.graham said...

oh no wait, you said closest without going over so i'll say 8lbs 6oz - i at least gotta give trista a chance with that one ounce ;)

Ginger said...

I really think that it's going to be over 9 lbs. (Sorry!) But in all stratigy, my official guess is 7 lbs, 10 oz.

Melissa said...

Oh, let's say 9lbs 4oz.

beSlightlyAskew said...

9 lbs. .05 oz.

The Glassetts said...

ok. I don't want to be cruel and say anything over 10 lbs. So I am going to guess 9 lbs 15 oz.

Lance said...

$1!

Shanna and Brad said...

Okay...my best guess would be:
8 lbs. 13 oz.

Stacey said...

8 lbs 3 oz because if you switch that around it makes 38, which was the coolest apartment of girls ever. Pretty much.

LethargicLass said...

9 point 3

Mindi said...

8 lbs 14oz. Final answer.

Heidi F. said...

My guess is 9 lbs 2 oz.

Jennie said...

I've never been very good at this, but since I just had my twins a week and a half ago and their combined total is relatively close to Joshie's weight at birth, I'm going to guess that number. So, I'm guessing 9lbs 3oz (my twins were only 4lbs 9oz each!).

Laura said...

Sorry to do this to you, Maren, but as one who has had one normal-sized kid and two over 10 pounds, I've gotta guess 10 lbs. 1 oz. Hey, it's only 2 oz. bigger than Josh, not 2 lbs. :-)

charisse said...

I will guess 8 lbs 5 oz...which is just a few ounces more than what my niece and nephew weighed.

Maren said...

Okay, I just have to say I am really enjoying all of these comments and guesses.

Christy - thank you for not assuming this child will be 12 lbs. Because I would die.

Lance - what the $1? I can't even roll over in bed and you're guessing 1 pound?

Tina - one ounce shy of 10 pounds is just as cruel as 10 pounds. (Believe me, I know!)

Stacey - apartment 38 girls rock!! I love your guess! My next house better have 38 in the house number...

Jennie - I love that my one baby will probably be just as heavy as your two babies combined. My baby will look like he could eat your babies - but he won't because they are so dang cute. :) (I've been stalking your blog lately...)

Marie said...

I say 10 pounds, 2 ounces which is what my husband was and I'm praying my son will NOT be!

The Holdaway's said...

I'll go with 9lbs 7oz.

Marisa May said...

8 lbs. 14 oz.

PerkinsClan said...

8# 10oz. Why, you say? Why not, I say.

Gigi said...

Oh Maren, only one more week until your 9lb. 15.7oz. baby will be here! Yippee!

Amy Collins said...

I'm late guessing, so a lot of the ones I was going to say are taken, but I am going to guess 9lbs 7oz. But for the record and for your sake, I hope for smaller ;)

Karlea said...

9 lbs 6 oz. Although I'm hoping he is much smaller for your sake!!

The Tate Fam said...

I'm going to guess 7 lbs. 15 oz. The doctors never seem to get it right. Good luck and I hope he is smaller than 10 lbs. There was a 2 pound difference in Dylan (9 lb 5 oz)and Lauren (7 lb 4 oz), so I feel your pain!

Webers said...

Sorry Maren, but my guess is 11 lb 1 oz. I hope he's A LOT smaller though.

Rachel said...

8 point 6