Monday, May 4, 2009

Note To Self: No Running With Scissors Today

My house is covered in toys. I have to wade through them to get from room to room. This is because I no longer have the desire/energy/capability to bend and pick things up. And my boys know this and use it against me.

Pesky children.

So it's really hard to keep up on my housework, mainly because it seems so futile. Especially with the toy-accented floor. And the fact that today I made more messes than I cleaned up.

First, I dropped a brand new bottle of Tobasco sauce on the floor in the kitchen. *Kaboom!* Two sets of little bare feet came running in, despite my shouts of protest. (It's a miracle no one got cut - there was A LOT of glass!) Cleaning up Tobasco sauce? Not so fun. And despite my repeated scrubbings that corner of the kitchen still smells like hot wings.

Second, I was unloading the dishwasher and did a little juggling act with one of the juice glasses. *Smash!* For such a small glass it sure made a huge mess. Again, two little sets of bare feet came running in, although they did stop just short of the glass zone this time. I think they heard and undertsood the "I-don't-want-to-have-to-take-you-to-the-doctor-because-you-wouldn't-listen-to-me" in my voice.

Third, deciding against using my glass pitcher, I decided to make some lemonade. I poured the powder (yes, we use the sugar-free stuff from Wal-Mart - hey, it's yummy) into the large plastic pitcher, but realized that it wouldn't fit under the faucet in the sink because of the dishes I had yet to clean up. So I pulled out the sink sprayer, and usually I remember to spray the side of the pitcher but today I didn't and pink powder exploded all over my face and the kitchen. Miraculously, no little boys came to investigate. But I suspect I will be finding lemonade residue all over the place for the next few weeks.

After that I wisely decided it was time to lay down before I did any more damage.

On a completely different note:

I made strawberry shortcake for dessert for FHE tonight. The boys took two bites and then just ate the whipped cream. (Which had been in a half-empty container in the freezer for four months.) What's wrong with my strawberry shortcake?


Pesky kids.

Oh - and on one more random note:

Here are my feet.


They're not that swollen tonight. But I swear to you that that is as close as I can get them to each other. My hips are dislocating and I feel like I'm walking around with a water balloon between my legs.

I'm not complaining. I just think it's kinda funny.

And classy.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Oh Maren! I hope you have your baby soon!