We could have waited until the fall for our families to join us, but that just didn't feel right. Plus, I wanted to use the same outfit Spencer and Josh had been blessed in and I knew it wouldn't fit then. (It barely fit today - Cole's getting really long and chunkin' out!)
Surprisingly, Cole behaved really well for the blessing. I say surprisingly because he had to be woken up for it and it was time for him to eat. And lately, when he wants to eat he lets you know it. In no uncertain terms. Loudly. And quickly. Anywho, who says there are no modern-day miracles?
Spencer and Josh were fairly well-behaved during the actual blessing, so I got to hear most of it. (To be honest, I wasn't anticipating that!) The blessings I remember most include Cole being a good example to those around him, being a peacemaker in our home, and bringing many people into the gospel through missionary work.
Despite our disasterous family photo (see previous post), I was able to get quite a few good shots of Cole in his blessing outfit. Here are a few of my favorites.
I'm already finding it hard to remember what life was like without you, Cole. You are such a wonderful, laid back, happy baby. I love you very much and am so happy you're a part of our family!
2 comments:
Dispite the disastrous family photo, those are sweet pictures. We missed you at the family reunion and really didn't have good phone reception at the cabin 25 minutes outside of Durango! It was fun, though. Off to England today. Love, Susie
Maren - my kids haven't been sick on Sunday forever, and this has to be the week they are. I'm so sad I missed it! I was glad to see the blog about it.
If you want family pics, get Lynn Hansen, she's AWESOME, and she loves to take peoples' pictures. You can see the ones she took of our family at http://sites.google.com/site/ctmerrill/pics. It would make her day. :)
Post a Comment