Thursday, July 30, 2009

Two Months

Yesterday was Cole's 2 month birthday. Honestly, Cole, you don't look a day over 6 weeks. (Haha.) By the way, the picture above cracks me up. All of my kids like sticking out their tongues for some reason.

At two months old Cole likes to:
  • Spit up all down my neck
  • Eat - a lot
  • Work on growing that fantastic double chin
  • Spit up all down the front of my shirt - especially if it's clean
  • Eat some more
  • Go to sleep all by himself without fussing (what a good baby!)
  • Hold up his head like a bobble toy
  • Grow too long for most of his summer onesies
  • Make cute little meowing sounds when he's tired
  • Go from 0-60 in 5.3 seconds if he's really hungry (we'll work on patience)
  • Get wrapped up in his fuzzy towel after a warm bath
  • Lay on the boppy and watch his crazy older brothers entertain him by getting right in his face (kids don't believe in personal space, in case you haven't noticed)
  • Spit up all over my pants
  • Eat, eat, and eat. Hey - those fat rolls don't just develop by themselves! (At least on babies...)

I was thinking about my time in the hospital when Cole was born and remembered two things my kiddos said that are totally blog-worthy but I forgot to mention earlier.

1) It was the afternoon after Cole was born and my fam came to visit us for the first time. Now, anyone who has had a baby knows that less than 24 hours after having a baby you still look considerably pregnant. That's just the way it is. But Josh has never had a baby and so didn't know any better when he marched in, looked at Cole, looked at my tummy, and said, "When is the baby coming out? "I've already had the baby," I replied. "See? He's over there in the bassinet." Josh frowned and looked exasperated. "No," he said, pointing at my belly, "the baby in there." Thanks, you rotgut toddler.

2) We had just had a little birthday party, complete with cake and ice cream, provided by the hospital. I decided to get out of bed and go for a walk up and down the hall while pushing the bassinet. (Seriously - it felt so good to be out of bed!) I had on two hospital gowns to make sure I was all covered and decent. Spencer came up to me, and in darling little boy sincerity said, "Mommy! Your dress is soooo pretty!" What a cutie.

1 comment:

Trista Groshon said...

haha! I love the things kids say! what a bunch of cuties you have!