Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Self-portrait Day: Because I Keep Forgetting To Do This On Tuesdays


So here we are at week 24.  As you can see, I'm already poking out quite a bit.  Apparently my babies tend to grow horizontally away from me.  Many people, most of them complete strangers, like to point this out.  They also like to point out the fact that my tummy looks much larger than it should, at least in their opinion.  Did I mention these are people I don't know? 

This is what I would like to do in response.


But I don't.  (Because a wise boy I knew in high school once gave me this sage advice: "Don't stick it out unless you're gonna use it."  Can any FHS alumni out there name that boy?  Because I'm sure I'm not the only one he gave that advice to.)  (FYI, this is the same boy who got lost at a Boy Scout camp and had to be rescued, got run over by his brother, and made a giant pyramid out of school desks at the elementary school down the street, so it's not like I ever took his advice all that seriously...)

Anywho.

Today I took the boys to the Children's Museum.  It was madness.  Every family in Indiana was there.  Okay, I exaggerate - every family in Indiana and Illinois.  It was crowded.

But we still enjoyed ourselves.  Especially Josh, who just luuurrrvved the dinosaur exhibit this time.  He used to be scared of it, what with the pretend thunderstorm and dinosaur growls and huge, menacing dino skeletons and what-not.  But he's recently become a huge fan of the show "Dinosaur Train" on PBS, and has become a bit of a dinosaur buff. (Perhaps we have a budding paleontologist on our hands!)  His favorites dinos are pteradons and T-Rexes, both of which were found at the museum.  (Much to my relief!)


Please note the infamous Boxing Dinosaur shirt he is wearing.  It is now beloved, but is now also getting to be a little snug.  Dang.  Guess I should start looking for more dinosaur shirts.

The boys loved digging for dinosaur fossils.  It was quite exciting to wear goggles and use brushes!


Well, not for Cole.  He did NOT want the goggles, as you can see.


We also got to go to a planetarium show, which Spencer and Josh loved.  Spencer especially - he's been talking about it all evening and showing off the star map he got.  (Perhaps we have a budding astronomer on our hands!) 

I would have enjoyed the show more, but I was too busy wrangling a certain toddler who was hungry and tired and only happy when the planetarium show had moving scenes.  (Perhaps we have a budding little punk on our hands...)

1 comment:

The Eccles said...

That was definitely Brian Bradford! I knew before you gave the extra hints.

That museum is SO fun! We took our 3 older boys there when they were little...probably the same ages as yours....And I was 6 months prego with my girl. Weird coincidence! {Ty's parents used to live there.} Another fun thing...Jenny Jergensen was in the ward when we went to church that Sunday in Indiana..small world!