The kids finally went back to school today. Why in the world on a Tuesday instead of Monday I'll never know. (This district is all sorts of weird with calendaring.)
I got a hair waver for Christmas and decided to use it this morning. It's tricky to wave your own hair. (At least for me!) I got it all done and it looked decent for 30 minutes until I had to go get Tess from preschool.

One minute in the wind and I was a frizz fest. Obviously there's a learning curve here.
This afternoon I was sitting at my desk when all of a sudden the three hole punch fell of it's own accord and viciously attacked my ankle. It hurt. A LOT. It still hurts a lot, but only when I touch it. So I don't touch it.
Lance left for CES this afternoon. I hope he has lots and lots of fun. I figure this is his equivalent to an epic trip, like mine to DC. Only his is even better because someone else is paying for it. I wonder if he'll walk as much as I did? I gave him a FitBit for Christmas so we'll easily find out!
This evening I took the kids to Wendy's for dinner because my original dinner plans involved baking and my new range doesn't come until Friday.
And I really, really did not want to make dinner.
When I was in DC Lance took them and I guess the kids were just AWFUL. I didn't think of this until we walked in the doors. I only had to tell Cole to behave once, which he did because he knew if he didn't he wouldn't get to play with his friends at piano lessons tonight. (It's a good thing we didn't go to Wendy's on any other night because I wouldn't have had anything to hold over him!) I still consider their decent behavior a victory for mom-kind.
Finally, I got a paper today basically saying that Spencer has to do a science fair project over the next 6 weeks. What the what?! I hate science fair
Blergh. This is doubly unfair because I have a third grader who will be doing one this spring, too. Back to back science fairs seems extra cruel to this mom.
I got a hair waver for Christmas and decided to use it this morning. It's tricky to wave your own hair. (At least for me!) I got it all done and it looked decent for 30 minutes until I had to go get Tess from preschool.

One minute in the wind and I was a frizz fest. Obviously there's a learning curve here.
This afternoon I was sitting at my desk when all of a sudden the three hole punch fell of it's own accord and viciously attacked my ankle. It hurt. A LOT. It still hurts a lot, but only when I touch it. So I don't touch it.
Lance left for CES this afternoon. I hope he has lots and lots of fun. I figure this is his equivalent to an epic trip, like mine to DC. Only his is even better because someone else is paying for it. I wonder if he'll walk as much as I did? I gave him a FitBit for Christmas so we'll easily find out!
This evening I took the kids to Wendy's for dinner because my original dinner plans involved baking and my new range doesn't come until Friday.
And I really, really did not want to make dinner.
When I was in DC Lance took them and I guess the kids were just AWFUL. I didn't think of this until we walked in the doors. I only had to tell Cole to behave once, which he did because he knew if he didn't he wouldn't get to play with his friends at piano lessons tonight. (It's a good thing we didn't go to Wendy's on any other night because I wouldn't have had anything to hold over him!) I still consider their decent behavior a victory for mom-kind.
Finally, I got a paper today basically saying that Spencer has to do a science fair project over the next 6 weeks. What the what?! I hate science fair
Blergh. This is doubly unfair because I have a third grader who will be doing one this spring, too. Back to back science fairs seems extra cruel to this mom.
1 comment:
Sorry, I'm like 5 posts behind, but I have to say, I love science fairs, but I had 3 at the same time this year, and it was too much even for me. I need to just let it go and let the kids do it without mom intervention. But they learn so much more when I intervene. Alas, it's tough being a mom.
Post a Comment