What with all the scrapbook posts I've really been lacking on keeping up-to-date on what's been going on right now in our family. So, what's been going on with the current-day Madsens?
Short answer: Not much.
Long answer: Josh was sick last week.
High fever, upset stomach, and SUPER GROUCHY. To the point of ridiculousness. To the point that I was about to strap him into the car, drive to the school, and then push him out as I sped away. Grouchy. And annoying, because he does this thing where you ask him a question and he won't answer you. He'll stare right at you and you know he heard and understood you, but he won't answer. And then he'll get MAD when he doesn't get what he wants. It drives me INSANE.
For example:
Me: Josh, would you like me to get you some water?
Josh: *blank stare*
Me: JOSH. Would. You. Like. Some. Water?
Josh: *vacantly stares into your soul*
Me (under my breath): Mother of... #$%&$%!!
Five minutes later:
Josh: WHERE'S MY WATER????!!!?!
Me: You never answered me.
Josh: I WANTED SOME WATER!!!! ASAGGHGHHHGHHG!!
Me (under my breath): Must. Control. Fists. Of. Death... Don't. Kill. The. Boy.
So yeah, it's been a lot of fun. I've pretty much stopped asking him questions, or just ignoring him and his crazy outbursts when he ignores my initial questions.
Unfortunately for Josh, he was sick the night of the Pinewood Derby. I'll be honest upfront: I was not so sad. I'm not a huge fan of the derby. Plus, Lance was out of town that night and the thought of taking the kids without him? Not so appealing.
But back to Josh. Poor Josh. He had worked hard on his car. Fortunately, I was able to send his car with some friends who raced it for him. In true Madsen form he finished in the middle: not the best, but not the worst. We're cool with that.
Josh came up with the idea for the shape and theme of his car. He painted it, he and Lance added the weight, and I used my Cricut to make the vinyl decals.
It's very much a Josh car.
If only this car had eyes that could give you vacant stares in response to your questions...
Tess got whatever Josh had and was sick on Saturday and Sunday. She was a much better patient and never made me want to abandon her to the elements. Well, maybe just a little when I was forced to hold her while watching My Little Pony for 3 hours while the boys were at church. (Oh wait - except Josh. Because he's a punk and decided he was "sick" again that morning.)
Valentine's Day was pretty low-key. I had bought some pizzas at Papa Murphy's the day before so we were able to have our traditional heart shaped pizza for dinner.
Each of the kids got a book, a box of candy, and either beef jerky (Spencer & Josh), or gum (Tess & Cole).
Cole was pretty pleased with his lot in life. Hot Wheels Shark Attack book?! Sold!
Despite what you may think, that is actually the look of a boy happy with his gift. Yeah, I know it doesn't look that way, but trust me. I'm becoming an expert on the body language of pre-teen boys. He's ecstatic.
Tess got a new Mercy Watson book. This time Mercy is a princess, which Tess really likes. (The Mercy Watson books are so cute!)
Yeah, that's the best I could get of Josh. He was still a pill. Growl.
There isn't any school today and we got a couple of inches of snow last night. It's cold and I still feel like we're germ infested, so we haven't gone out and done anything. The natives are getting restless.
And now you're pretty much caught up!













1 comment:
I'm laughing in sympathy at your description of Josh's "conversation" because my six-year-old son went through this stage where he would only communicate by blinking (because everyone always makes a huge deal about his gorgeous long lashes). He would blink once per letter to spell things out and absolutely refused to talk and it drove me INSANE.
Post a Comment