An actual conversation I had with Spencer this afternoon:
Spencer (nonchalantly): Oh, I almost forgot. You need to write a biography about me.
Me: Say what now?
Spencer: For my health class. I need to have someone write a biography about me. Oh, and I need a picture of me.
Me: What?
Spencer (getting frustrated): I. Need. You. To write a Biography. About. Me. Don't worry, it's not due until Friday.
Me (seriously baffled): What?!?
I finally made him get out the assignment so I could understand what the heck was going on. Turns out it was pretty easy, but still. I don't think I was out of line being nervous and confused when told I needed to write a biography. I mean, yeah, he's only 12, but still. That's a tall order!
Here's the assignment:
Not so intimidating. But there was more bad news.
Spencer: Oh, and it has to be hand written.
Me: I'm sorry, did you say Hand Written?
Spencer (like I'm crazy): Yes.
Me: Why in the world would it need to be hand written? I'm just gonna type it.
Spencer: No! My teacher said it HAD to be hand written.
Me: That's ridiculous! Why in the world would I write it out by hand? That's why we have computers! I didn't even write out your dad's Valentine this year!
Spencer (getting irritated): It has to be hand written.
Me (teasing him... but also kind of meaning it): This is the WORST! I don't think I can do this assignment now. Why do I have to do all this crummy stuff!? I've already passed 6th grade! I shouldn't have to WRITE THINGS!!!
This rant went on for a while because it was fun to bug Spencer.
So I sat down and wrote out his biography. Here it is, for your enjoyment. (Hope you can read it. Hand Written. Sheesh.)


No comments:
Post a Comment