Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Haircut

For the past couple of months I have been trying to grow my hair out. It had gotten pretty short and there were a lot of layers in the back that I was tired of.

But now I am SICK of growing it out! I think it looks terrible and boring. I'm just used to having a more polished haircut, and this is just yucky. Okay, here's what it looks like. Ignore the scrub PJ's and that I have no make-up. Oh, and that in the pictures in the kitchen I didn't realize how much I needed to brush my hair. :)


I've been surfing the net, looking for haircut ideas but have only found a few I like. (Why do most of the short haircut styles have hair sticking out everywhere? Like they put a finger in an electrical socket?) I think these ones might be a bit more high maintenance than I'm looking for. Plus, I think I do want to keep growing my hair; I just need a haircut that will allow me to do that without looking like a freak. And dare I go back to bangs? (I haven't had bangs since the 7th grade!) Or maybe I should just go with a basic blunt A-line bob...


What do you think?

4 comments:

The Holdaway's said...

I really like my haircut that I got last month. It is really easy, just blow dry with my fingers (or a round brush) and go. I hate growing hair out - I feel for you. I also got bangs this time (longer ones) and I can clip them back if I want to and it looks good both ways (like when I'm at work and need to see clearly...). Can't wait to see what you decide on... (BTW I went to Kailey at Christina's and told her I wanted something easy and new, and not shorter than my ears - and she gave me a great cut and style - I've found my stylist in town!)

Gigi said...

Personally, I think you should just get the green shirt(?) and necklace on that girl in the last picture. Because then even if it doesn't look great, no one will notice your hair! ha ha

Really, I'm with Heather though. I called yesterday and made an appointment with Kailey! I'm nervous, but excited to try something new. I'm tired of looking like a helmet head.

Karlea said...

I love the cut on the first two pictures. SO cute. I think bangs would be a fun change, but I just got bangs again too again for the first time since 7th grade. It's been a fun change. Then you could still grow it out, and your hair is short enough that if you hate bangs, they'll grow fast and blend in. To get a good A-line you'd have to cut quite a bit off the back (foiling your growth) but it'd be cute!! Always a classic choice. I vote for the first picture with bangs!!

Ginger said...

Is it me, or is that me? That's totally my hair...in the two milliseconds that it's perfect before I go out, or do anything besides stand in front of the mirror starring.