Monday, March 24, 2008

Primary Proverbs - Sharing Time

My class was in charge of Sharing Time yesterday. For those who might not be familiar with Primary, Sharing Time is a 15 minute lesson given to all of the children before they separate into their individual classes.

Since it was Easter I decided to put little objects into plastic eggs, each one representing a different aspect of the real Easter. Like palm branches, a cross, nails, etc. I got the idea online, but tweaked a bunch of it because I liked my ideas better. :) We would choose a child to open an egg, talk about the object, and then a child in my class would read a scripture for it.

I think it went pretty well, although it was sometime hard to tell since the kids were literally bouncing off the walls. I swear some of them had already eaten their body weight in sugar that morning.

By the time we were done, little Billy in my class was pretty wired. I asked him sweetly to sit down and fold his arms. To which he replied, rather snottily, "I don't want to sit down! I want to rough house!" And at that he started wiggling and trying to run around the room.

Before I knew what I was doing, I said "Well, if you want to rough house, that's fine. But you'll have to go rough house with your father."

Little Billy looked me in the eye, to see if I was bluffing or not. He judged correctly and sat down, folded his arms, and pouted.

Maren 1 - Little Billy 0.

No comments: