Sunday, October 8, 2017

Best Calling in Church

I've had the best calling in church for over two years now: Primary Pianist.

It really is a great calling. Minimal prep (except for those dang Article of Faith songs. They're so weird and hard!) I get to watch the cute kids and hear their funny comments. I get to listen to really good Sharing Time lessons, or perhaps read the Ensign or Friend magazines. And I get to play the piano, which is pretty fun.

But sometimes it's a lonely calling. There are times when I've really felt isolated from the rest of the ward; it's easy to kind of get forgotten when you're hiding behind a piano 2 out of the 3 hours of church. I feel like I know all the kids but none of the parents, especially all the new families in the ward. I'll go to RS activities and have new sisters in the ward ask if I'm new, too. (But that'd probably happen with any primary calling!)

But on the whole, it's been a good experience. I think it's probably the same for just about any calling in church; there's good and bad, and there's always a lot to learn. I'm just happy I'm able to serve.

No comments: