Today was the big day! The whole reason I came out to Utah. (And the reason I've been blogging again!)
Most of today was spent getting ready for and celebrating Grandma Roper's 90th birthday. Dad and Susie put so much work and effort into this party and I'm so thankful for it. I think it turned out great!
We went over to the church around noon to set up and get everything ready. By 2pm most of the family was there and we did family pictures. Not all of my cousins were there, which was a bummer, but most had great excuses. (Being super pregnant, opening new businesses, etc.) I'd show a picture but my Dad still hasn't sent me a copy. Dang.
After pictures we enjoyed lunch, where I got to catch up with cousins and aunts and uncles. I love my family and love being with them - I know that can be kind of unusual in this day and age, so I feel extra blessed. They are all just such good people.
The birthday open house started at 4pm, and there was a pretty steady stream of visitors for the next hour and a half. Kyle, Kevin, and I were in charge of making sure the ice cream and cookies were replenished. Yum. A lot of people came to the open house, but since I didn't know hardly any of them I was more than happy to work in the background.
Clean up wasn't too bad with everyone helping, but by the end my feet were just aching! That's how you can tell it's been a good party, right?
I'm so glad I've had the opportunity to come out and help celebrate Grandma's life. She's been a great influence and example in my life, and I'm so happy we could spend the day showing how much we love her!
No comments:
Post a Comment