What is the magical power that mom and dad beds hold? It seems to draw kids in like a magnet.
Since school started Tess's favorite thing to do is watch YouTube videos on my laptop on my bed after school. I think it's how she unwinds from a rough day in first grade. 😄 She likes to close the blinds, pull the curtains, and close the doors so it's nice and dark and quiet.
A couple of weeks ago Cole discovered her and decided he needed to get in on that action. Tess did NOT like him watching her videos with her (he probably made fun of them), but she's fine with him playing on his tablet while wearing his headphones.
What a pair! They both claim that it's because my bed is so comfy. Which is true, at least compared to theirs. But it's also gotta be that magic something.
It's kind of annoying at times, but I remember being drawn to my parents' bed when I was a kid, too. It was still a favorite place to take a nap when I was in high school and college. It was so soft and warm and smelled good. I had some of my best naps there! And I don't remember my parents ever making a huge deal about it, probably for the same reason I don't with my kids right now.
Because while it might be kind of annoying to have to share my bed with my kids right now, I suspect that some day I'll miss seeing them in there.
No comments:
Post a Comment