Every year I put together a "Madsen Family Time Capsule": a slide show with the best photos and videos from the past year, all set to music. It's fun to watch, easier than dealing with a big photo album, and the boys absolutely adore watching it. (On any trip the Slideshow is the one movie that Spencer will always agree to watch. Probably because he's been the star of the show in the most recent years!)
I got all the photos and videos for January-November chosen, ordered, and uploaded into the program I use, only to discover that I can't do December. Why? Because the video my new camera takes isn't compatible with our current video editing software.
Curses!
(No really - there were curses in my head when I discovered this.)
Even Lance, the Sultan of All Things Computeresque (bow down, infidel!), couldn't figure out a way around it.
Dang it.
So now we're gonna just bite the bullet and buy some new video editing software. But it'll take a while to find and test just the right one, then we'll have to find it at the best price, and then we'll have to order it and have it shipped. Then (and this is the part that will really take the longest!) I'll have to learn the new program while making 2007's slideshow.
If I'm lucky, it'll be done just in time to start 2008's.
I got all the photos and videos for January-November chosen, ordered, and uploaded into the program I use, only to discover that I can't do December. Why? Because the video my new camera takes isn't compatible with our current video editing software.
Curses!
(No really - there were curses in my head when I discovered this.)
Even Lance, the Sultan of All Things Computeresque (bow down, infidel!), couldn't figure out a way around it.
Dang it.
So now we're gonna just bite the bullet and buy some new video editing software. But it'll take a while to find and test just the right one, then we'll have to find it at the best price, and then we'll have to order it and have it shipped. Then (and this is the part that will really take the longest!) I'll have to learn the new program while making 2007's slideshow.
If I'm lucky, it'll be done just in time to start 2008's.
No comments:
Post a Comment