As I mentioned last night, I've been making pillowcases for the daybed in Josh's room. Several months back we bought a new comforter and duvet for it because the one I inherited from my dad was old, kinda icky, and not really my style. (Sorry, dad.) ((Actually, he probably doesn't care, since my mom was the one who bought it. So no apologies to anyone!))
Back on track...
I found the new comforter and duvet at IKEA (of course) at a really excellent price (of course). But the pillows I had for the bed were blue and green and peach and didn't match at all (of course). So I bought two yards of black material from the $1 shelf at Wal-Mart and some $.68 buttons. I also used the small pillowcase that came with the duvet. Viola.





I will never claim to be an accomplished seamstress. I don't even want to be. But I think I did alright with these. (I especially like the buttons on the small pillow. I love overlapped buttons for some reason!) Now if I can just keep the boys from wiping their noses all over them, then I'll really have accomplished something!
Back on track...
I found the new comforter and duvet at IKEA (of course) at a really excellent price (of course). But the pillows I had for the bed were blue and green and peach and didn't match at all (of course). So I bought two yards of black material from the $1 shelf at Wal-Mart and some $.68 buttons. I also used the small pillowcase that came with the duvet. Viola.
I will never claim to be an accomplished seamstress. I don't even want to be. But I think I did alright with these. (I especially like the buttons on the small pillow. I love overlapped buttons for some reason!) Now if I can just keep the boys from wiping their noses all over them, then I'll really have accomplished something!
2 comments:
Nice work Maren. Maybe I should make some pillows for our futon, but then Jase will just use them to hit Meghan...
Nice job! Those look soooo nice! I love it!
Post a Comment