Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sing... Sing A Song...


I am in lurve.

I know I say that a lot. Perhaps I fall in lurve a little too easily.

No matter. I am in luuuurrve. With Amazon.com's MP3 Downloads. Why?

Well, mainly because they're MP3's with no DRM. (Digital Rights Management) DRM is that evil little thing that make it so that you can't copy your cd's to another cd. Or download music, say from Wal-Mart.com or iTunes, and copy it to more than one hard drive or a cd. In other words, it forces you to just rent the music; you don't really own it because you can't really do what you want with it.

I also love it because songs are generally only $.89 or $.99 each. Awesome! I love that I can buy a song that I really like without having to buy an entire album. (We've all been there, am I right? You buy an album for one really great song and the rest of the other tracks are worthless.) Mix CD heaven!

And it's super easy. You download their MP3 Downloader and away you go. They have a ton of songs, and now that they've made a deal with Sony (I think that's who it is) they're getting more and more every day. I seriously think this is the future of music. I refuse to buy limited use music ever again!

I've probably bought $15 worth of songs in the last week, mainly for my Time Capsule, but also just because I've really wanted the songs. (BTW - Andrea, I decided to buy Vegas Movie Studio Platinum to solve my software problems. I liked it's free trial best. Plus I got a really good deal from Amazon on it!) Here are just a few:
  1. The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson
  2. Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
  3. Upside Down by Jack Johnson
  4. Apologize by Timbaland
  5. Hey There Delilah by Plain White T's
  6. Take Five by Dave Brubeck
Now go. Try it. And don't blame me when you spend all your extra time and money on music!

No comments: