Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Monster Mini Golf Tournament

Spencer was up sick half of the night last night. Which means I was up half the night, too. So you'd think he woulda slept in a little, right? Wrong - he was up at 6:30 begging me to get him something to eat. And although what little sleep he got last night was probably none to good, and even though he threw up at least five times, he ran around the house like a madman today. We even fought about him not playing outside today since it was all of 1 degree.

The same thing happened on Saturday night. And on Monday night he was up several time because of nightmares. So needless to say, I'm a bit out of it at this point, having gotten only 6 hours of sleep in the past 4 days. Or something like that.

Whatever. I'm tired.

Luckily, I have some fun pictures to post. On Monday we treated the boys to a round of Monster Mini Golf. They opened up a couple of months ago in that plaza next to the Wal-Mart on 350S. Spencer's been dying to go, so he was quite excited.

What, you don't know what Monster Mini Golf is? Don't get out much, do you? (Sorry, that's the lack of sleep talking. I get mean. Just ask Lance.) Monster Mini Golf is an indoor putt-putt course. Lots of black lights and fluorescent paint. Lots of monsters and other 'scary' things. (But not scary enough to frighten my boys!) It was actually pretty fun.


Spencer did pretty well attention-span-wise considering we did 18 holes, but we did have to let him move his ball a lot and have mulligans. Josh enjoyed playing with his ball and baby golf club, and crawling around and dancing. Lance and I enjoyed watching the boys have fun. We also enjoyed the fact that it was "two for Tuesday", which meant one of us got in for free. (And since the boys were free, we only spent $7! Sweet!)

We all enjoyed the music, which you can see in this video montage. (Josh dancing always cracks me up - which is good, because that boy is always showin' his moves!)

Oh yeah - I'm sure you're all wondering about the scores. (Okay, Lance just wants a chance to gloat!)
Spencer: 349 (or something like that) Maren: 68 Lance: 60

p.s. Okay, I could only get one picture to load. Is it me, or is Blogger having some major problemos with pictures lately? I'm bugged.

No comments: