(Side note: the good feeling I get from this totally makes up for the bad feelings I had when Josh and Spencer both freaked out several times at Taco Bell today for lunch. I was a hair's breath away from leaving because they were both being so loud and obnoxious and people were staring at us. I mean, for the love of Pete, how bad is it when you can no longer frequent such fine dining establishments as Taco Bell because your kids are so poorly behaved? Answer: pretty bad.)
Back on track...
Remember back when my kitchen was falling apart? Well it was, and one of its victims was my recipe book. I finally finished transferring all of my recipes to their new home.
Lance wonders why I don't just type them all up and keep them in my computer. To which I reply because I am too lazy to get the laptop out every time I need to look at my recipe book. Then he wonders why I don't just type them up and keep them in a binder. To which I reply that there's just something I like about a hand-written recipe; it's more personal.
Many of the recipes in my book aren't just recipes: they have lots of memories. Like the fudge sauce recipe used at our wedding reception. Or the Man Catchin' Brownies recipe that helped me land a husband so that I could have fudge sauce at my wedding reception. Or my mom's sugar cookie recipe. (The best I still have ever had!) Or Grandma Roper's famous hot rolls. (Which also helped me land a husband!) ((What? Lance would freely admit that one of the reasons he married me was because of my access to Grandma Roper's recipes.)) (((And I'm okay with that.)))
I also have lots of recipes that I've collected from friends through the years. I put their name and the year I got the recipe from them next to the title. (Sometimes I change the title, often adding a 'yummy' in there somewhere.) Here are a few you might find interesting:
7 comments:
I would like to know what yummy pasta salad recipe I gave you? I can't remember. Was it the one I made for Logan's birthday party with the italian dressing, artichokes, pepperoni, cheese, olives, tomatoes, etc? That's the only one I can think of.Mmm...that is yummy. I should make that again soon.
I'm honored. That bread is pretty awesome.
You might want to get Kerry to pass along the recipe to her mom's teriyaki chicken/strawberry/nut/etc salad. It is one of the favorites around here!
Yep - it's the pasta salad you made at Logan's party. I especially love it because of the balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
Okay, I really want the teriyaki chicken salad recipe!
Now I'm wanting the crazy bread recipe, I'll have to ask Christy for it.
Maren--Do you remember about where the recipe is in Christy's archives? Or would you be willing to share it with me? HeatherAThjstevensDOTcom
You just crack me up!! So seriously, when are you going to pass some of your famous "husband catching" recipes my way?? Hmmmmm, when I got married I couldn't cook. In fact it's debatable whether I can actually cook now!!!! Must have been my coo coo braces that caught me my husband??!!! (tee hee hee) I love reading your blog!
Oh yeah...I forgot that I used the balsamic vinaigrette that time. Usually I just use Italian dressing.And, I forgot about that teriyaki salad...I better find the recipe!I will post it on my recipe blog when I find it!
Post a Comment