I stayed up late late late on Friday night to finish this book:
It was so good! (Obviously - why else would I stay up late reading and blog about it?!) I'm not really into murder mystery/detective novels, but that's what this is. Actually, I would say that it is more a novel about an Irish murder detective and his life. Whatever. It's written quite well, and the characters were really well developed.
I an usually spot plot twists and such (which is probably why I'm not a big fan of whodunits - I can usually figure out whodunit early on), but this one surprised me. Some swearing, but certainly not every other word like other books I've read in the past.
I found out about it when Amazon.com sent me an email about the top selling books for the last six months. Rather than buy it I checked it out from the library. (Sorry, Amazon!)
Anywho, final verdict: In The Woods - great read!
It was so good! (Obviously - why else would I stay up late reading and blog about it?!) I'm not really into murder mystery/detective novels, but that's what this is. Actually, I would say that it is more a novel about an Irish murder detective and his life. Whatever. It's written quite well, and the characters were really well developed.I an usually spot plot twists and such (which is probably why I'm not a big fan of whodunits - I can usually figure out whodunit early on), but this one surprised me. Some swearing, but certainly not every other word like other books I've read in the past.
I found out about it when Amazon.com sent me an email about the top selling books for the last six months. Rather than buy it I checked it out from the library. (Sorry, Amazon!)
Anywho, final verdict: In The Woods - great read!
No comments:
Post a Comment