This is the first day of Lance's vacation in Milwaukee. Oh, excuse me, training seminar. (But no kids, no cooking, no cleaning, no work, intelligent conversations with other adults - sounds like a vacation to me!) He left this afternoon and won't be back until Thanksgiving. I mean the 28th. Whatever. How many days is that? At least 26, right? Or maybe just 11, if you count today. And I definitely count today because he was only home for a total of 15 minutes before he left. *sigh*No matter, plenty of things to do to keep us occupied! For example, after dinner the boys played in the sprinklers for 45 minutes. Josh crawled around the lawn, sampling the grass and giggling every time the water hit him. Spencer ran around like a mad man, literally losing his pants and getting yelled at every few minutes for for harassing his brother in one way or another. Then it was a quick dip in the tub, because, ironically, playing in the sprinklers is a very dirty business.
Let's see, sprinklers and bath. Uh-oh, that was basically all I had on my list, and it only took an hour.
Dang.
Just kidding.
I do have lots of stuff planned, like going to the zoo, shopping at the outlets, going to the park, eating out... playing... and more, I'm sure I have more, because I'm gonna need more to last 11 days.

Spencer and I made a count down chain to show how many days until daddy comes home. On it I wrote what activities we are going to do on what days. Z is for zoo! P is for preschool! J is for Josh's pictures! Spencer is very smart. Although I'm not sure he quite grasps the concept of daddy being gone for so long. We sat down to dinner and he very pointedly told me that we had to wait for daddy to come, and that "he will be here in about five minutes". He was quite aghast when I told him we weren't waiting, as that would be the longest five minutes of our lives, and that's coming from a woman who is was in labor for 36 hours with a baby the same weight as your average Thanksgiving turkey.
A small stuffed lamb that plays "Mary Had a Little Lamb" at a frequency usually reserved for dog whistles won't stop playing the song over and over and over and over and over...
Josh just got his fingers stuck in the cd drive of Spencer's computer, cried because it hurt, and yet won't leave the blasted thing alone.
Spencer just tracked sidewalk chalk across the living room with the tires of his bike, which had been ridden over our chalk-riddled patio all afternoon.
All of this just happened in the last five minutes, I kid you not.
Daddy will be home in five minutes, right?
4 comments:
So I just had a heart attack because I thought that you really DID mean Thanksgiving. Phew! Maybe you should let me have the boys sometime. Sam thought that Spencer was coming over for FHE last night and had assigned him as the Prayer. It was a sad day when he realized that Spencer wasn't coming over. MMMM, since they have opposite preschool days, we could have a picnic or something somewhere. Let me know, and I will totally be happy to have them! Kids are always more fun with more of them....unsually!
Nope. If Lance were gone until Thanksgiving, we'd be off to Utah or some other fabulously exciting place. Sorry we didn't make it to FHE this week. :) A picnic sounds like a great idea. Perhaps Saturday?
Oh single mom...I'm so sorry. Don travels ALL THE TIME for work, although never for 11 days. The poor man hates to travel and "hates eating out and sleeping in hotels and waiting in airports." I must be a long way from sane, but 2 hours alone in an airport with no kids and a book sounds like freaking heaven to me. Also a night of no crying kids and eating my dinner all by myself at my speed sounds fabulas. Sooooo..."vacation" is what I think a lot too!!! Good luck. Maybe you could do something "crazy" in your "insanity" and jump a plane to CA??!!!!
Ooohh - I wish I could hop on a plane to CA right now. Then we could spend the next few days at the beach, right? Too bad I spent all my travel budget on tickets to UT next month. (Always with Utah!)
Post a Comment